- I love my boys in a way that I can literally feel my heart warm when I think about them.
My oldest is my rock. He’s always been the anchor that keeps me grounded. My youngest lifts my heart, like a helium balloon broken free.
- Yoga and meditation have always been my path, but I am not always entirely disciplined enough to practice the way I’d like – the yoga or the path for that matter.
- My parents have been married 64 years. They have fully assimilated.
- Rumi is my favorite poet and I have seen every Shakespeare play.
- When I look out my bedroom window I see paradise.
- My secret, or not so secret indulgence is a cigarette and a Dr. Pepper.
- I chant my way through approximately six sets of prayer beads a year – I still don’t know why they break.
- I have friends that have kept the story of my life for decades.
- I am a certified sun worshiper.
- I have three dogs. One Pug, one Frenchbo, and an Old English Sheepdog.
- There is not one single thing I would change about my husband. I believe I have loved him for lifetimes. When he touches me, it still tingles.
- I believe there is a divine organizing power, but I haven’t settled on a name for it yet.
“It was one of those days when it’s a minute away from snowing and there’s this electricity in the air, you can almost hear it. And this bag was, like, dancing with me. Like a little kid begging me to play with it. For fifteen minutes. And that’s the day I knew there was this entire life behind things, and… this incredibly benevolent force, that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever. Video’s a poor excuse, I know. But it helps me remember… and I need to remember… Sometimes there’s so much beauty in the world I feel like I can’t take it, like my heart’s going to cave in. ” - American Beauty
To purchase the book click here.
To contact Lisa Hayes click here.