When a house has been for sale a while without any attention or offers a seller or real estate agent will often decide to take it off the market for a bit. Sometimes just taking it off the market and relisting it a few weeks or months later will do the trick. Sometimes they use that time to fix the house up a little.
Dating can be very similar. When you’ve been “on the market” for several months and nothing is happening, it might be time to take a break. But when?
Here are my top five signs it might be time to take yourself off the market:
1. When you’re gut honest, you know you aren’t the kind of person you want to date. Like attracts like. If you’re wanting someone in your life that you aren’t a vibrational match for, it’s time to take yourself off the market and do some vibrational maintenance.
2. When you privately find yourself expecting the worst. If you’ve got thoughts like, “things never work out anyway”, “all the good ones are taken”, or “all men are jerks”, it’s time to take yourself off the market.
3. When your dating life feels like groundhog day, all the dates look and sound the same and none of it’s fun, it’s time to take yourself off the market.
4. When you are trying to date while still thinking about your ex, in a longing, sad sort of way, or an angry, vengeful way, it’s time to take yourself off the market.
5. When you aren’t enjoying being single, believe it or not, it’s time to take yourself off the market. Dating because you need someone in your life to be happy is not the kind of energy you want to bring to the table. The best relationships are built when two people with full and happy lives of their own come together to share. “You complete me”, is a myth that breaks hearts.
Lisa Hayes, The Love Whisperer, is an LOA Relationship Coach. She helps clients leverage Law of Attraction to get the relationships they dream about and build the lives they want. Lisa is the author of the newly released hit book, Score Your Soulmate and How to Escape from Relationship Hell and The Passion Plan.
Posted on 09/12/2012 at 12:00:00 AM